Opening hours, Closed
(Admission until 17:30)
|Wednesdays (Except national holidays)
When Wednesday is a national holiday, closed on the following weekday. New Year’s holidays
(Admission until 21:30)
|December 1 – March 15|
- Please note that the Museum may be closed for maintenance or an exhibition change out.
- Opening hours and days of the Museum may be changed depending on seasons or events.
- More details
- Collection Exhibition
- Adults ¥300 (¥240)
*For groups of 20 people or more, admission fees in ( ) are applied.
- Special Exhibition
- Exhibition admission fees vary depending on the exhibition.
*Tickets for the special exhibitions also include admission to the collection exhibition.
- Free admission both to collection exhibitions and special exhibitions for the following visitors.
- Children, students (elementary, junior high or high school students, etc.)
- Persons escorting children/students for school activities or social activities. (Submission of admission free application is necessary.)
- Disabled people with a physical disability certificate.
- For seniors (70 and above) and university students or younger, admission to collection exhibitions is free.
- Museum’s elevator is wheelchair-accessible (One wheelchair at a time) and there are multipurpose toilets, mom-baby toilets and a suckling room. Wheelchairs and strollers are available for visitor use.
- Parking space for disabled visitors is located close to the front entrance.
- Guide dogs and assistance dogs are allowed to enter the Museum with their owners.
- Please note that there is no nursery in the Museum.
- A hearing aid system is equipped in the hall.
- If a group visits the Museum by a welfare bus, please contact us in advance. We will provide assistance for entering the Museum.
Free Admission Areas
Admission to exhibitions in the exhibition rooms is charged, but admission to the museum is free. There are many facilities in the free admission areas. For details, please see the floor plan.
- 103 vehicles (Parking for disabled visitors: 3 vehicles)
For the first 1 hour ¥320, thereafter ¥110/30 min.
Visitors to the museum or the Kansui Park can park for FREE for the first two hours.
For this, you need to insert the parking ticket into the automated pay machine or the authentication machine at the Ticket & Information Counter on the 1st floor.
So, please take the ticket with you after you have parked your vehicle.
*Please note: If you don’t use either of the machines, the 2-hour free policy is not applied.
*Please note that the parking lot gate is locked at night time (22:30-8:00).
*At the Museum, visitors can be dropped off or picked up at our bus berth. There is a parking space for large-sized buses at a short distance from the museum. If you visit the Museum by bus, please inform us in advance.